What the hell did I plant here?

Thursday, March 25, 2010

It's Spring! Really, this time!

Can I just say that Gardman USA, Intrepid Fashioners of Reasonably-Priced Garden Arches, has excellent customer service? Because they do. Hopefully, my replacement pieces will be here soon and I can shore up my garden arch and start implementing this year's Evil Garden Plan.

INFRASTRUCTURE!!!!

So... not too much planting and lots of... I was going to say "terraforming" but that makes my yard sound like Mars. I think there will be lots of landscape fabric put on surfaces and covered with mulch. And a path leading through a garden arch, which is where that archy thing comes in. Perhaps I should talk about...

GOALS:

* build a retaining wall on the slopey side of the property facing the apartments. Find out if I need a variance for this.

* do Some Damn Thing with the new food plants--PARTICULARLY the GRAPES. They need a home. And a jungle gym.

* Herb Garden! Which will probably need some retaining wallish/raised beddy thing as well, due to the strange sinking portion of the lawn where a tree probably was ages ago. Or a Dire Mole.

* keep better notes on mah plantz, yo!

Ok, so here's what I am thinking.... maybe a homemade pergola for the grapes on the no-longer slopey now-retained wall side of the yard! Because of all the sun and awesomeness!

Right now, I'm just pruning stuff and marking paths with string. And taking photos!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home